CloudXplorer Release History
07/13/2015 - Version 3.4
- improved High-DPI support on multiple monitors with different DPI settings.
- capacity report now includes an option to navigate to the selected item.
- content integrity checks are now always performed when uploading or downloading (partial) blob contents (Azure Blobs).
- fixed a bug that caused "Copy failed when reading the source" error when doing a cross-account snapshot copy (Azure Blobs).
- added support for Google Nearline storage class for buckets (Google Storage).
03/07/2015 - Version 3.3 (Download)
- Content-Disposition default attribute can include $FILENAME, which will be replaced with the actual name upon upload (Azure Blobs).
- failures when deleting a blob with an existing lease will now be reported (Azure Blobs).
- fixed several reported bugs.
11/03/2014 - Version 3.2
- added new "Upload folder" command (Azure Blobs).
- items can now be sorted using natural or alphabetical sort order.
- corrected bugs with depth search logic.
- AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 is now used to sign all Amazon S3 requests (Amazon S3).
- added Central EU (Frankfurt) bucket region (Amazon S3).
08/25/2014 - Version 3.1
- accounts can be defined as read-only, which will disable all change operations (e.g. delete, rename, copy/move etc).
- minor bug fixes.
07/01/2014 - Version 3.0
- introducing support for Azure Files, Amazon S3 and Google Storage.
- native cross-account copy from Amazon S3/Google Storage to Azure Blobs.
- the upload logic for page and block blobs (Azure Blobs) has been rewritten and should be more efficient and faster now.
- the last modified date for downloaded files is now set to the last modified date of the corresponding blob/object.
05/06/2014 - Version 2.7 (Download)
- batch copy/move operations across accounts are now executed in parallel.
- shared access signatures are now built using version "2013-08-15".
- disabled VHD checksum validation when expanding VHD page blobs.
- increased response timeout for requests to 10mins.
- minor bug fixes.
03/02/2014 - Version 2.6
- non-standard characters (like '#') in paths were not being encoded properly.
- snapshots are now included in size calculations for containers and folders.
- resuming upload was not possible in some circumstances.
- Content-Type assignments are now case-insensitive.
- copy/move operations within the same account are now executed in parallel.
- fixed application crashes due to failed clipboard operations.
- fixed high CPU usage when downloading blobs on machines with >16 CPU cores.
02/02/2014 - Version 2.5
- added snapshot naming: readable names can now be assigned to snapshots.
- made some adjustments for high DPI settings.
- when downloading a snapshot the file extension is now retained.
- fixed a bug that prevented creating and using a storage account with policy-based shared access signatures.
- other minor bug fixes.
01/08/2014 - Version 2.4.1
- fixed issues with browsing the local devstorage account.
01/07/2014 - Version 2.4
- fixed a critical bug that caused data corruption when resuming upload of page blobs.
- drag&drop to the local file system will now replace missing blobs with empty files. Previously the whole operation silently failed.
- expanding ZIP/CAB/ISO/VHD-blobs is now optional and can be turned on/off in the preferences dialog.
- implemented the Content-Disposition advanced property on blobs.
- policy times are now displayed along with the policy name on the "Copy signed URL from policy" menu.
- fixed a bug that caused advanced properties to disappear after assigning new values.
- fixed current selection issues in the listview when switching blob sort order (by name, size etc).
12/08/2013 - Version 2.3
- drag&drop improvements.
- extended shared access signature validity period for cross-account copy operations.
- fixed a bug with multi-monitor window restore.
- ignore etag mismatches when browsing/downloading VHD content.
10/29/2013 - Version 2.2
- added "Shrink virtual disk" command for VHDs.
- improved performance when displaying large amounts of blobs.
- ZIP/CAB/ISO/VHD-blobs can now be opened in-place in a read-only mode (only browse/preview/download is supported).
- license key can now be installed on a per-server or per-user basis.
10/15/2013 - Version 2.1.8
- added anonymous access (specify a container-based shared access signature with a storage account).
- added "Expand virtual disk" command.
- dynamic VHDs are now automatically converted to the fixed VHD format during upload.
- implemented version header fallback for older (v1.7) devstorage simulators.
- minor bug fixes and better error messages.
09/22/2013 - Version 2.1.6
- added "Acquire/Break lease" commands for containers.
- added "Create virtual disk" command.
- fixed progress indicator with page blob uploads.
- added sanity checks to prevent non-fixed VHDs from being uploaded or VHDs from being uploaded as block blobs.
- uncommitted blocks will now be removed when InvalidBlobType - "The blob type is invalid for this operation" - response is received.
- added a raw request/response log.
- minor general improvements.
08/27/2013 - Version 2.1.4
- fixed problems with long-running cross-account copy/move operations.
- fixed dialog positioning bug that prevented managing accounts.
07/25/2013 - Version 2.1.2
- fixed updater problems with locked files.
- fixed problems with long-running cross-account copy of large blobs.
- other minor bug fixes.
06/20/2013 - Version 2.1
- accounts can now be organized into a logical group.
- added blob preview capabilities.
- added preferences dialog.
- fixed problems when downloading very large blobs.
- containers are now protected from accidental deletion per default.
- added copy operation for blob snapshots.
- added an update checker.
- minor bug fixes and improvements.
05/27/2013 - Version 2.0.13
- added default attributes for containers/folders.
- Cache-Control settings can now be set for different file types.
- empty folders are now created when uploading folders/files.
- minor bug fixes.
04/09/2013 - Version 2.0.12
- fixed a bug with clipboard copy operation.
- Break lease and Delete snapshots commands now request a confirmation.
- added thumbnails for image blobs (in the Large Icon mode).
03/24/2013 - Version 2.0.10
- introduced natural sort order (like Windows Explorer).
- added copy/paste from CloudXplorer to Windows Exporer or other applications .
- fixed a bug where the main window resized itself after being minimized.
- other minor bug fixes.
03/02/2013 - Version 2.0.9
- added drag&drop from CloudXplorer to Windows Explorer or other applications.
- implemented resumable downloads.
- create and clear snapshot commands can now be used on containers/folders to perform the operation on all contained blobs at once (recursively).
- fixed a bug where content types were not properly saved.
02/08/2013 - Version 2.0.8
- added multithreaded delete operations for faster deletes of many blobs.
- minor fixes and improvements.
01/05/2013 - Version 2.0.7
- multiple files can now be selected for upload.
- added "depth-search" for searching along the specified path patterns.
12/04/2012 - Version 2.0.5
- fixed a bug that prevented uploading page blobs.
- overwriting a blob no longer creates a snapshot.
- fixed a NullReferenceException when executing the paste command.
10/25/2012 - Version 2.0.1
- fixed a critical bug when downloading page blobs.
- added multithreaded upload/download of page blobs.
10/10/2012 - Version 2.0
- new revamped UI with the modern Windows-style ribbon.
- faster multithreaded downloads and uploads for block blobs.
- native copy/move blobs or folders between different Windows Azure accounts.
- added search and container report capabilities.
- added import/export account settings functionality.
- added "Favorites" node that can be used as a container for shortcuts to frequently used locations.
- improved drag-and-drop to enable dragging files and folders from ZIP-archives etc.
- introduced native Windows progress dialogs.
08/16/2011 - Version 1.0.4244 (Download)
- "$logs" container is now displayed in the container list.
- enabled back/forward navigation using mouse or extended keys.
- introduced an option of making a snapshot of a blob before overwriting it.
- added dynamic size calculation for containers and folders.
- added auto-decompression of gzip-compressed block blobs upon downloading and preview.
05/29/2011 - Version 1.0.4166
- fixed issues when advanced properties were not being changed for single selected blobs.
01/30/2011 - Version 1.0.4047
- added the ability to define custom content types for blobs.
- "Advanced properties" dialog will now display combined properties for multiple blobs.
01/16/2011 - Version 1.0.4033
- fixed program crashes upon failed clipboard operations.
10/9/2010 - Version 1.0.3934
- fixed issues with duplicate blobs/directories.
9/16/2010 - Version 1.0.3911
- setting advanced properties on multiple blobs now preserves values that have not been changed.
9/11/2010 - Version 1.0.3906
- advanced blob properties (Content-Type, Cache-Control etc.) can now be set for multiple blobs at once.
- fixes issues with blobs that contain special url characters in their name.
- other minor fixes.
8/15/2010 - Version 1.0.3879
- fixed bugs that prevented the shared access signatures dialog to show up.
- fixed issues with application crash when pressing F2/invoking rename command.
- added Content-Type column to the main view.
- a proper content-type is now automatically assigned to blobs being uploaded, e.g. text/html, image/png etc. using default system settings.
- double-clicking a blob will now download and open it using the default application registered for the blob type/extension.
7/31/2010 - Version 1.0.3864
- tooltips are now being shown for toolbar buttons.
7/11/2010 - Version 1.0.3844
- auto-resume upload will now reupload the entire file if it has changed since the last block was uploaded.
- fixed canceling of uploads/downloads, so that no exception message is shown.
- fixed an issue with shell notifications.
5/30/2010 - Version 1.0.3802
- fixed a sorting bug introduced in the previos release.
- minor improvements in the upload process to avoid "Request canceled" messages.
5/9/2010 - Version 1.0.3781
- fixed a bug where Cache-Control was not being set.
- added support for .NET 4 framework.
- other minor fixes.
3/25/2010 - Version 1.0.3736
- dramatically improved the performance of transmitting page blob data. Only valid page ranges are now being uploaded or downloaded instead of sending the entire blob across the wire. Thus newly created VHD files of any size can be uploaded in seconds, saving you time and bandwidth.
- snapshot properties are now correctly copied to the target blob when promoting a snapshot.
- fixed a bug in the service communication layer where continuation tokens were not being sent.
- (updated) fixed a start-up issue.
3/10/2010 - Version 1.0.3721
- fixed a page blob upload issue, which increased the size of the blob by 512 bytes.
1/30/2010 - Version 1.0.3682
- CloudXplorer now works with the local development storage. Simply create a devstorage account with predefined credentials.
- Properties window now includes the "Url" property (instead of "Location") that can be copied to the clipboard.
- added a context menu to the shared signatures grid containing a command to copy the selected rows/cells.
- fixed another crash when a local drive is not readable, not recognized or can't be accessed.
- fixed timeout issues with slow connections.
1/17/2010 - Version 1.0.3669
- fixed the problem with listview and treeview keystrokes when in editing mode (pressing Ctrl-C will now correctly copy the name being edited to the clipboard instead of copying the item).
- updated EULA to reflect that CloudXplorer is free for commercial and non-commercial use.
1/9/2009 - v1.0.3661
- fixed a crash when a local drive is not readable, not recognized or can't be accessed.
12/13/2009 - v1.0.3634
- fixed a critical bug introduced in the previous release due to databinding (it manifests itself when you create a new account with an empty display name).
12/12/2009 - v1.0.3633
- changed the default block size for uploading, downloading and transferring blobs to be 2MB (was 1MB). Thus fewer requests will be issued when working with large files/blobs.
- added support for custom domains in the account properties.
- added support for extended blob properties like Content-Type, Content-Encoding, Cache-Control etc.
- added support for container policies.
- added support for snapshots (see "Snapshots" tab in the blob properties). You can now create, delete, promote and download snapshots.
- container properties now show container last modified date and its etag.
- changed container access control to include mode granular values introduced with the latest Azure SDK (as opposed to "private" and "public" access control earlier).
- added support for shared access signatures in the blob and container properties. You can associate a signature with a container policy or explicitly specify its permissions and/or expiry date.
- metadata values can now include non-ascii characters.
- added navigation breadcrumb bar in the main UI window.
11/08/2009 - v1.0.3599
- added support for the root container (simply create a container with the name "$root").
- added auto resume functionality when uploading large files.
- added a size distribution property sheet for containers and folders.
- improved drag&drop to use Aero effects on Windows Vista/7.
- introduced a custom progress dialog with information on upload/download speed and remaining time.
- fixed an issue with proxy authentication.
09/28/2009 - v1.0.3558
- Initial release.